SIR 2018 Medical Student Travel Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) provides several benefits to the recipients of the 2018 Medical Student Travel Scholarship. Each Medical Student Travel Scholarship winner will receive a travel stipend of $500.00 as well as complimentary registration to attend the SIR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting. Please carefully read each section below, which explains the details associated with each benefit you will receive as well as the guidelines you must adhere to as an SIR Medical Student Travel Scholarship recipient.
In the event that you are unable to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting for any reason, you will need to provide a written statement as to why you were unable to attend the meeting and you will be required to return any funds you have received from SIR.
- Attend all required sessions of the Medical Student educational programming that will take place on Saturday, March 17th and Sunday, March 18th. A detailed schedule outlining all of the required sessions will be emailed to you.
- Attend the 2018 Resident-in-Training and Medical Student Scholarship Dinner Symposium that will take place on Sunday, March 18th, 2018 from 6:30pm-9:00pm.
- Submit a 500 word statement explaining how attending SIR 2018 influenced your desire to enter the field of Interventional Radiology by April 8th, 2018.
- It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to arrange and cover the costs for your own hotel accommodations to attend the meeting.
- Click here, to view a list of hotels that SIR has negotiated discounted rates for our attendees. You are not required to stay at one of the hotels listed here. However, all of these hotels offer quality accommodations and are located within walking distance to the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- You will be required to write a 500 word essay (see below for more details) after returning from SIR 2018. The $500.00 travel stipend will be mailed to the address in your scholarship application after we receive your essay. It is the scholar’s responsibility to notify SIR of any change in address.
- This stipend is intended to defray the costs for your hotel stay and any other expenses incurred while you attend the meeting.
Written Statement about the Experience
- You will be required to send a 500 word statement explaining how attending the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting enhanced your desire to enter the field of Interventional Radiology.
- We may include excerpts from well written essays in Guidewire or IR Quarterly publications. Your essay is due by April 8th, 2018.