Resident and Medical Student Travel Scholarships
SIR offers Annual Scientific Meeting scholarships for IRs-in-training. SIR Medical Student Scholarships and SIR Resident-in-Training Scholarships are made possible by the general support of our corporate partners.
Both awards provide IRs-in-training with the opportunity to learn about IR at an early stage in their medical careers. Selected scholars attend the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting—an experience that includes participation in dedicated educational programming, presentations from the leaders in the field of interventional radiology and networking opportunities with IRs from across the world.
Resident-in-training Travel Scholarship
The Resident-in-training Travel Scholarship is open to all first- and second-year radiology residents within the United States and Canada. The scholarship provides recipients with complimentary meeting registration and a $500 travel stipend.
Scholars attend the dedicated resident-in-training educational pathway, SIR plenaries and workshops and various networking events. Scheduled events include the MIT/RIT Scholars Dinner, where some of IR’s most influential leaders will highlight emerging therapies and issues in the specialty. Scholars are welcome to attend sessions outside of the resident-in-training pathway.
View the SIR 2019 Resident-in-Training Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
***The application deadline for the SIR 2019 Resident-in-Training Travel Scholarship has already passed.
For more information about this award, please contact Jennifer Goubeaux.
We are grateful for our Corporate Ambassador Program companies, who help to make these scholarships possible. If you wish to support these scholarships, please contact Jonas Nash, SIR director, corporate relations, (703) 460-5564.
Congratulations to our SIR 2019 Resident-in-training Scholars:
- Jason Chiang, MD, PhD, University of California Los Angeles
- Wayne Anthony Colizza, MD, MPH, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Matthew Daniel Diamond, MD, Boston Medical Center
- Jonathan Kim Fergus, MD, The University of Chicago
- Dorissa Lahner Gursahaney, MD, University of Colorado, Aurora
- Daniel Hynes, MB, BCh, BAO, University of Massachusetts Medical School Baystate Medical Center, Springfield
- Arthie Jeyakumar, MD, University of Washington, Seattle
- Stefan Johnson, MD, Rochester Regional Health, N.Y.
- Victor Kondray, MD, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Oleksandra Kutsenko, MD, SUNY Upstate Hospital, N.Y.
- Adonteng Kwakye, MD, University of Kentucky, Lexington
- Derek Lee, MD, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia
- Jose Miguel Lopez, MD, MBA, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston
- Thaddeus James Maguire, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Katherine S Marchak, MD, University of Colorado, Aurora
- Abdulrahman Masrani, MD, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University, St. Louis
- Felipe Matsunaga, MD, University Hospitals/Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- Shruti Mishra, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
- Yuki Miura, MD, Loma Linda University Health, Calif.
- Maria O'Malley, MD, Stanford University Hospital, Calif.
- Tirth V Patel, MD, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill
- Daniel Portal, MD, Staten Island University Hospital Northwell Health, N.Y.
- Nicholas C Shaheen, MD, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Canton
- Muhammad Usman Shahid, MD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark
- Imran Siddiqui, MD, New York University Winthrop
- Maziar Sighary, MD, State University of New York- Downstate Medical Center
- Lojan Sivakumaran, MD, McGill University, Montréal, Québec
- Tyler Andrew Smith, MD, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Steffan Soosman, MD, University California Davis, Sacramento
- William Terrill, MD, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh
- Dustin F Tew, DO, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, Fla.
- Bradley Matthew White, DO, Larkin Community Hospital, Miami
- Karen Wong, MD, Emory University, Atlanta
- Juliana Ling Xie, MD, Boston Medical Center
- Yi Yang, MD, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, Fla.