The SIR Medical Student Travel Scholarship is made possible by the general support of our corporate partners.
The award provides medical students in the U.S. and Canada with the opportunity to learn about IR at an early stage in their medical careers. Selected scholars attend the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting—an experience that includes participation in dedicated educational programming, presentations from the leaders in the field of interventional radiology and networking opportunities with IRs from across the world. Scheduled events include the MIT/RIT Scholars Dinner, where some of IR’s most influential leaders will highlight emerging therapies and issues in the specialty. Scholars are welcome to also attend sessions outside of the medical student pathway.
Scholarship receipients receive a $1,000 travel stipend.
View the SIR 2020 Medical Travel Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
***The application deadline for the SIR 2020 Medical Student Travel Scholarship has already passed.
Applications for the SIR 2021 Medical Student Travel Scholarship for travel to SIR 2021 in Nashville, Tenn. will be accepted online August 1 – October 1, 2020.
For more information about this award, please contact Jennifer Goubeaux.
We are grateful for our Corporate Ambassador Program companies, who help to make these scholarships possible. If you wish to support these scholarships, please contact Jonas Nash, SIR director, corporate relations, (703) 460-5564.
Congratulations to our SIR 2020 Medical Student Scholars:
- Nabid Ahmed, University of Maryland Medical School, Baltimore
- Keith Peter Ameyaw, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Barrett James Anderies, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
- Jay Riley Argue, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Amarillo
- Alex Arne, Creighton University School of Medicine, Phoenix
- El Caney Arnold IV, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
- Belinda A Asare, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, Mich
- Patrick Assoua, American University of The Caribbean School of Medicine, Saint-Martin
- Anisha Manika Banda, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- John William Barrera, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Greenville
- William Robert Billari, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, Fla.
- Joseph Boateng , University of Texas Rio Grande Valley’s School of Medicine, Edinburg
- Jordan Jeffrey Bozer, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus
- Logan Burstiner, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, Fla.
- Sabina Irene Cashin, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago, Ill.
- Patricia Elizabeth Chan, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- Samantha Chau, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles
- Bernard Cheng, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta
- Mollee Iff Chu, California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove
- Hannah Clode, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Rui Dai, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C.
- Ayana Dambaeva, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland
- Camille De Jesus, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago
- Ayalivis De La Rosa, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- Ivan Petrov Dimov, University of Montreal, Quebec
- Lindsay Eysenbach, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.
- Samuel B Fodyce, Albany Medical Center, N.Y.
- Abhishek K Goswami, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- Piyush Goyal, Touro University California, Vallejo
- Adlai Rashad Grayson, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington
- Aakash Gupta, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Theodore Hagens, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk
- Neal Joshi, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, N.J.
- Anthony Elijah Kilgore Jr, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine , Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Gabe Li, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C.
- Matthew Youngjune Koh, West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Abigail Luman, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City
- Lynsey M Maciolek, University of Texas Medical Branch, San Antonio
- Alexandra Lauren Maningat, University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine, San Antonio
- Tej I Mehta, University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine, Sioux Falls
- Michael John Nisiewicz, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington
- Sean Nurmsoo, Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Anne-Marie Nwajei, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago, Ill.
- Sharon Pang, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Aesha Patel, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark
- Paola Marie Perez Rivera, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Guillermo Polanco Serra, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
- Matthew Laurence Potter, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
- Simone E Raiter, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago, Ill.
- Rajath Ramakrishna, Saint George's University School of Medicine, Grenada
- Logan M Scott-Kirchen, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock
- Anisha Nandita Shetty, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York
- Austin Shinagawa, University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- Russell Oliver Simpson, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
- Jesse Brian Swantek, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
- Chase Tenewitz, Mercer University School of Medicine, Savannah, Ga.
- Kenneth Tharp, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks
- Siddhant Thukral, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine
- Krichelle White, University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix
- Maggie Xiong, University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix