Medical Student and Resident Travel Scholarships
SIR offers Annual Scientific Meeting scholarships for IRs-in-training. SIR Medical Student Scholarships and SIR Resident-in-training Scholarships are made possible by the general support of our corporate partners.
Both awards provide IRs-in-training with the opportunity to learn about IR at an early stage in their medical careers. Selected scholars attend the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting—an experience that includes participation in dedicated educational programming, presentations from the leaders in the field of interventional radiology and networking opportunities with IRs from across the world.
Medical Student Travel Scholarship
The Medical StudentTravel Scholarship is open to all medical students within the United States and Canada and provides recipients with a $500 travel stipend.
Scholars attend the dedicated medical student educational pathway, SIR plenaries and workshops and various networking events. Scheduled events include the MIT/RIT Scholars Dinner, where some of IR’s most influential leaders will highlight emerging therapies and issues in the specialty. Scholars are welcome to also attend sessions outside of the medical student pathway.
View the SIR 2019 Medical Travel Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
***The application deadline for the SIR 2019 Medical Student Travel Scholarship has already passed.
Applications for the SIR 2020 Medical Student and Resident-in-training Travel Scholarship for travel to SIR 2020 in Seattle will be accepted online August 1 – October 1, 2019.
For more information about this award, please contact Jennifer Goubeaux.
We are grateful for our Corporate Ambassador Program companies, who help to make these scholarships possible. If you wish to support these scholarships, please contact Jonas Nash, SIR director, corporate relations, (703) 460-5564.
Congratulations to our SIR 2019 Medical Student Scholars:
- Rayan Abboud, Wake Forest School of Medicine Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Godwin Abiola, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Ayman N Abunimer, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke
- Dane Grayson Alzate, University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Linzi Arndt, Emory University School of Medicine, Georgia
- Jeffrey Christopher Bodner, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, Ga.
- Luke William Bonham, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Nathan Brajer, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C.
- Francis Gabriel Celii, University of Texas at Houston - McGovern Medical School
- Arun Chockalingam, Albany Medical College, N.Y.
- Ellen Margaret Clark, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, Maine
- Jessica Clark, A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mo.
- Jared Cline, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles
- Peyton Mackenzie Cramer, The University of Texas at Houston
- John Di Capua, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- Madhavi Duvvuri, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Amin Gosla, Des Moines University, Iowa
- Rachel Egan Grenier, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- Josue Gutierrez, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis
- Amir A Hakimi, Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University
- Caleb Joseph Heiberger, University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine, Sioux Falls
- Jeffrey R Hirsh, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville
- Matthew Hoyer, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Edleda James, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
- Qasim Javed, New York University School of Medicine
- Teresa Jiang, University of Chicago
- Paige Johnson, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock
- Christopher Johnson, PhD, Emory University, Atlanta
- Aditya Khurana, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Hyunjean Kim, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami
- Joseph A Knox, University of California San Francisco
- Damir Ljuboja, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass.
- Nathan Emery Loudon, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, Mich.
- Sasicha Manupipatpong, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Michael Markovitz, Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- Mary Elizabeth McLaughlin, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
- Kyle Maughan, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Monica P Mehta, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Danielle Mihora, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
- Alexandra Morris, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
- Anoosha Moturu, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Mohammad Mousa, University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Arif Musa, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
- Martin Boniface Gitobu Mutonga, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Micaela Nannery, Boston University School of Medicine
- Meredith Njus, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- Laurel Ormiston, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- Saivarshith Peddireddy, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk
- Enio Torres Perez, MPH, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Sam Plant, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research institute, Roanoke
- Farah Rahman, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- Saumik Zuhayr Rahman, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington
- Adhitya Ramamurthi, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Andrew Ray, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, N.C.
- Melika Rezaee, Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University
- Siddharth Rode, St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Elizabeth Abigaile Roney, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington
- James Andrew Roebker, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Sydney Rubin, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing
- Elliott Russell, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Anne Sailer, Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Ill.
- Sreeja Sanampudi, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington
- Sarah Elizabeth Santucci, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Philip Anthony Schuchardt, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Michael Alexander Schwartz, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Lauren Shreve, University of California Irvine
- Darby Shuler, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
- Adam Siegel, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Hempstead, N.Y.
- Suprit Chelsea Singh, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, Fla.
- Ishan Sinha, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- Laura Elizabeth Stevens, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City
- Shannon Allison Sullivan, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington
- Hilary Swift, Western University of Health Sciences, Lebanon, Ore.
- Thotsophon Taechariyakul, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland
- David Thomas, Western University- College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest, Lebanon, Ora.
- Solomiya Tsymbalyuk, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Jaya Sai Varre, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Columbus
- Arjun Vij, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland
- Bing Fang Wang, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University
- John P Welby, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
- John Erik Winterholler, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine, Kalamazoo
- Matthew Wood, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Jessica Yoon, Georgetown School of Medicine, Washington
- Jung Hyun Yun, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, N.Y.
- Zhao Zhang, MS, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Fla.