SIR Meeting Responsibility Policy
The Society of Interventional Radiology is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for everyone at SIR meetings. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, SIR staff, service providers and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This policy applies to all SIR meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than SIR but held in conjunctions with SIR events, in public or private facilities.
SIR expects all participants, staff, guests and vendors at every SIR meeting to behave responsibly and professionally. In addition, SIR expects participants to comply with the following:
- Responsible Alcohol Consumption: At many SIR networking events, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. SIR expects participants at our events to drink alcoholic beverages responsibly. SIR and event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
- Personal Safety and Security: Participants should alert SIR staff if they notice any dangerous, questionable or concerning activity.
- Treatment of Others: Participants must exercise professionalism, consideration, and respect in their speech and actions and must refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Participants who experience or witness harassment are encouraged to report it to SIR.
SIR has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including, but not limited to, sexual harassment by, or of, anyone at the meeting.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SIR staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SIR staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by SIR at the meeting venue, hotels, or other SIR-contracted facilities.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
SIR reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SIR reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any concerns that require prompt assistance, SIR asks that you inform SIR staff, identified by staff ribbons onsite or report the incident to email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action. The policy may be revised at any time by SIR without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, the Society of Interventional Radiology’s meetings and other activities constitute an agreement by the registrant/attendee to SIR’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes (“images/recordings”) of such events and activities. Registrant/attendee acknowledges and agrees that SIR’s use or distribution of such images/recordings may be worldwide and in any medium; that SIR may identify registrants or attendees in such images or recordings; and that registrants/attendees have no right to any compensation for such uses.
Copyright and Reprint Policy
All Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) materials including those in print and those posted on its websites, as well as those distributed digitally, are subject to copyrights owned or licensed by unless
indicated otherwise. SIR may provide limited permission for users to reproduce, retransmit, or reprint, for such user's own personal use only, part or all of any document as long as the copyright notice and permission notice contained in the document or portion thereof are included in such reproduction, retransmission, or reprinting. All other reproduction, retransmission, or reprinting of all or part of any document in print, otherwise disseminated or posted on any SIR website is expressly prohibited without written consent from SIR.
The names, logos and other trademarks of SIR may not be used by any other party without prior, written permission. These names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may not be used in any advertising, publicity, or otherwise to indicate, suggest, or imply SIR relationships, sponsorship of, or affiliate with any entity, indivdual, product or services, without prior express written permission.