International Attendees and Visitors

We look forward to welcoming you to the United States during the 2019 SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Austin, Texas.

Join healthcare professionals from across the globe for the world's most comprehensive interventional radiology conference. If you are traveling to the Annual Scientific Meeting from outside the United States, the following resources provide helpful information for planning your trip.

Why should I attend the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting?

  • The SIR Annual Scientific Meeting is your gateway to global interventional radiology, featuring nearly 400 exhibitors from around the world.
  • Start potential new partnerships and network with U.S. exhibitors and institutions.
  • Multiple networking opportunities, including receptions and special events are designed to encourage dialogue and reach new contacts.
  • Visit the online program and planner and discover initiatives and trends in every area of IR.
  • Enjoy the diverse plenary lineup.


International Group Registration and Housing

International group coordinators may submit a request for housing packages. Discounted registration rates are also available. Please click here to the SIR housing bureau website for details. Please note: Experient manages the SIR housing bureau and is our only approved partner for hotel reservations. 

Questions about MedTech Europe? 

Ethical MedTech Europe has deemed SIR compliant via their Conference Vetting System (CVS). The CVS is a centralized decision-making system that encourages transparency and consistency in medical education events and alleviates the complex administrative burden previously faced by MedTech Europe and Mecomed members, who were constrained to make their own determinations on whether or not a third-party educational event they wished to provide support to was compliant with the associations’ respective Codes. To view SIR’s compliant status, please visit their website.

Traveling to Texas

Learn more about traveling to Texas and making hotel reservations.

Need a letter of invitation to travel to the United States?

If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident, you may require a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States. Nonimmigrant visas are for international travelers coming to the U.S. temporarily. Email to request a letter of invitation. You may also request a letter of invitation during online registration.

U.S. Visa Information for Temporary Visitors

Find out if you're eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA)General Questions about U.S. Visas



Austin-Bergstrom International Airport


Visiting Texas

VisitAustin provides a complete guide to visiting the Lonestar State.


Need help in the U.S.?

Find an embassy or consulate in the United States.

Certificate of Attendance

While on site, you can obtain your certificate of attendance by visiting SIR Central located in SIR Expo.