Educational Exhibit Presentation Instructions
Poster Hall location: Los Angeles Convention Center
Poster board size: Four feet (4') high by four feet (4') wide; the entire poster board area does not have to be utilized.
Set-up and Removal
Poster set-up begins: Saturday, March 17, 7:00 am
Poster set-up ends: Sunday, March 18, 8:00 am
Poster removal begins: Wednesday, March 21, 12:00 pm
Poster removal ends: Thursday, March 22, 12:00 pm
It is the poster presenter's responsibility to bring the poster to the building and to remove the poster at the end of the meeting. SIR will provide push pins to assist with poster set-up. Poster presenters can locate their poster board by finding the board with the presentation's corresponding abstract number.
If the poster presenter is unable to meet the set-up or removal times, you must arrange for a co-author or other colleague to assist with set-up and/or removal. All posters remaining Thursday at noon will be discarded.
Poster Reception and Awards Presentation
Poster presenters are required to attend the wine and cheese Poster Reception, Tuesday, March 20, 2018; 6:00-7:00 PM. During the reception, poster presenters should be available at their posters to answer questions from attendees about their work. A formal presentation is not required. Poster awards will be announced at the poster reception.
All abstract presenters are required to register for the meeting. Special rates apply for abstract presenters, medical students, residents and fellows. The early bird registration deadline is January 12, 2018.
Poster Preparation Resources
Due to the increase in number of qualified abstract submissions, SIR has increased the overall acceptance rate. However not all accepted abstracts will be published in the Annual Meeting supplement to JVIR. In keeping with the mission of JVIR, only original scientific abstracts accepted as oral presentations will be published in the JVIR supplement. Educational exhibits, both traditional poster and ePoster, will not be published in the JVIR supplement. All accepted abstracts will be available for viewing on sirmeeting.org and in the SIR 2018 meeting app.
The Annual Scientific Committee and JVIR's editorial office strongly encourage you to submit your full manuscript for publication in JVIR. Article submission information will be provided in your abstract acceptance notification.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your abstract is not published prior to the work being presented at SIR 2018. SIR reserves the right to offer a publication waiver on a case-by-case basis. If you are seeking a waiver, please contact Elena Coler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-Poster - upload will be available 2/9/18. Deadline to upload is 3/2/18 - 12:00 am
- Ideal poster size is: 120x67 cm Landscape format (16:9 ratio, 4:3 is also perfect)
- You may use PowerPoint or any program that can be converted to PDF.
- The upload of your ePoster will be possible in this format: PDF.
- The ePoster consists of one page only.
- We will transform your poster to a high resolution image 4000 pixel wide.
- You may suggest the order in which the sections should be added (E.g. 1- Title and Authors, 2- Introduction, 3- Methods, etc)
Recommendations for designing your poster:
- It is strongly recommended to use a clear typeface (Arial, Arial black, Calibri...) and regular text size not less than 28 for the body of the different sections (depending on the amount of data you will be adding and, of course, the design you are using).
- For images/pictures or graphs, the suggested resolution is 300 dpi. To check that they appear correctly on the final/printed version, zoom in at 100% and check the images, pictures and graphs. It is better to use high quality images/graphs when creating the poster and then convert it to PDF (as PDF files can be compressed).
- Provide clear labels or headings for each section of your presentation to avoid confusion.
- On light backgrounds (white, yellow, light blue) use dark fonts (black, navy blue, dark green).
- On dark backgrounds (blue, purple) use light fonts (white, yellow, cyan etc).
Try to avoid:
- Having a total file size that exceeds 10 MB (although our system will still accept it).
- The use of red or green in fonts or backgrounds as they are colours that are difficult to read.
- Stretching the images manually, they will lose quality once zoomed in.
- Full width sections. They are very difficult to read when divided as a section, even zoomed in.
Abstract Withdrawal/Cancellation Policy and Sanctions
See Call for Abstracts FAQs.
Contact Molly Barlow at email@example.com