Why should your company support the 2011 SIR Annual Scientific Meeting?
Our 4,300 members rely on the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) for education, advocacy, practice development, research forums and professional networking. Corporate support helps SIR provide the robust level of educational programming our members expect.
Who are Interventional Radiologists?
Interventional radiologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in minimally invasive, targeted treatments.
They offer the most in-depth knowledge of the least invasive treatments available coupled with diagnostic and clinical
experience across all specialties. As the inventors of angioplasty and the catheter-delivered stent, which were first used in the legs to treat peripheral arterial disease, interventional radiologists pioneered minimally invasive modern
According to SIR's 2006-2007 Socioeconomic Survey:
- 59% of members expect to be providing IR services in a freestanding setting within three years
- 62% of members reported their IR groups support their efforts to establish a clinical practice
- 75% of members reported they have dedicated hours to see patients
- 83% of members reported they have dedicated office space
- Interventional radiology practices reported that central venous access, biopsy, oncology, MRA, CTA, breast, embo (non CNS), breast interventions, neurointerventions, vertebroplasty and E&M services are all on the rise in terms of procedure volume.
Support the 2011 SIR Annual Scientific Meeting
Email CorporateRelations@SIRweb.org or call (703) 691-1805